Future Dates & Training Opportunities
December 23-25, 31, & January 1 – Auto-Graphics will be closed. To contact AG for emergencies only use: email@example.com
December 24 – 28, 2020 – SWKLS Office will be closed.
December 29 SWKLS Office will be back open.
January 1, 2021 – SWKLS Office will be closed.
January – 1st week: SWKLS Unity Project (SWKLS U.P.!) calendar will be distributed. Recordings of Auto-Grpahics Q&A Sessions 1-4 will become available on wiki.swkls.org.
January 5, 2021 – Directors Forum at 2:00 pm
January 6, 2021 – Clean Up, Clean Out, Cling Onto – Email Session at 2:00 pm
January 6, 2021 – Rural Library Network Launch Registration https://berea.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_le7ScXcTTBihnuIi7AMmCA
January 13, 2021 – Clean Up, Clean Out, Cling Onto – Desktop Session at 2:00 pm
January 12, 2021 – SKLWS U.P. : How to digitize your ILL tracking system at 11:00 am – Open to all ILLers.
January 15, 2021 – Full Board Meeting (Online with Zoom) at 10:00 am
January 20, 2021 – Clean Up, Clean Out, Cling Onto – Privacy Session at 2:00 pm
January 27, 2021 – Clean Up, Clean Out, Cling Onto – Methods Session at 2:00 Pm
Cloud Library: New eAudio titles are here!
SWKLS has added these eAudio titles to the State’s Cloud Library collection. They are available now!
- Titles in Spanish:
- (Children’s) Los Cerditos = The Three Little Pigs by Charles Perrault
- (Children’s) Las aventuras de Peter Pan = The Adventures of Peter Pan by James Barrie
- (Children’s) Aladino = Aladin by Anonymous
- (Juvenile) Cuentos de tia Lola = The Tia Lola Stories by Julia Alvarez
- (Juvenile) Las aventuras más morrocotudas de Geronimo Stilton 1 = The Adventures of Geronimo Stilton #1 by Geronimo Stilton
- (Juvenile/Teen) El ladrón del rayo: Percy Jackson 1 = The Lightening Thief: Percy Jackson, book 1 by Rick Riordan
- (Adult) El Alquimista = The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
- Titles in English
- (Juvenile) Hard Gold by Avi
- (Teen) The Left-handed Booksellers of London by Garth Nix
- (Western) From Missouri by Zane Grey
- (Western) Missouri Guns by Larry Names
- (Inspirational) The Divided Family by Wanda & Jean Brunstetter
- (Inspirational) The Forbidden by Beverly Lewis
- (Inspirational) Amish Quilt Shop Mystery by Samantha Price
- (Romance) Guilt Ridden by Marie Johnston
- (Romance) Her Cowboy Billionaire Bodyguard by Liz Isaacson
- (HistFic) How Much of These Hills Is Gold by C. Pam Zhang
- (Inspirational) Secrets of the Amish Diary by Rachael Philips
- (Inspirational) Simple Lies by Jan Fields
- (Western) To Keep a Promise by B.N. Rundell
- Kansas-related Titles:
- (Family) Night Beat: The Girl From Kansas by Larry Marcus (old timey radio show)
- (Juvenile) Prairie Lotus by Linda Sue Park
- (Western) Leaving Kansas by Frank Roderus
- (Adult Nonfic) Chris Porter: A Man from Kansas by Christ Porter
In the month of January, we will have four sessions all at 2:00 pm. We will present tips and tricks on how to get yourself organized for 2021.
- January 6 – Clean-Up & Clean Out Emails
- January 13 – Clean-Up & Clean Out Desktop
- January 20 -Cling Onto – Privacy
Perfect time of the year to review privacy settings and how to protect yourself.
- January 27 – Cling Onto – Methods
Directors will discuss some methods they cling to throughout the year. We will have Holly Mathes (Grant County Library) a veteran director and Sara Koehn (Haskell County Library) a novice director as a presenter.