There have been several updates to the State Library of Kansas Website over the last year. One of the these changes is the process of creating State Library Cards. The Kansas Library Card (KSLC) is now called the Kansas Library eCard.
All libraries in Kansas (including school & academic libraries) can create, renew, and look up card numbers for their patrons. A few things I have changed so I would recommend doing a quick refresher by selecting one of the links below. If you’re in a hurry, I recommend the self-paced turtoril. The instructions sheet is also really handy to have by the front desk or at your desk.
- Webinar Archive: KSLC Admin Training from 8/7/14 (event post includes slides from presentation)
- KSLC Admin Tutorial (self-paced presentation)
- Brief Text Instructions Sheet (good to keep at the desk, includes spaces to record your login information)
A Few Tips:
- Middle initial required. If patron does not have a MI, use X.
- Birthdates must be entered in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Patron’s sign-in information will be the number created by the system, with birthdate as password.
- Cards expire after 3 years, but may be renewed for an additional 3 years. An expired card now stays in the system (previously, the card would be deleted 3 months after expiration).
- Email address is optional. Patron will receive a system email with their card number.
- Physical cards may be printed from the website as needed. See “Printable Library eCard” to the left of the account administration links.
- Printable eCards
- Admin Login for Librarians
- eCard FAQ’s
- Kansas Library eCard Promotional Pamphlet (great to hand out to patrons and also useful for library staff!)
- Promotional Materials for Resources available through the State Library of Kansas