A Technology Plan is a detailed, written document that relates technology development to the library’s mission and long-range planning. The plan identifies ways that the library can improve the delivery of its services, programs, and operations with technology.
- SWKLS recommends completing one every four years (this changed from 3-4 years at the end of 2018)
- Used to be required by E-Rate, ended in 2015
- Helps with planning
- Part of the SWKLS Accreditation process
- Helps with Board Support of fulfilling library technology needs
- Budget Planning
- Turn in signed copy by December 31 of the year it ends so you can start the new year on January 1.
- Examples of Tech Plans From SWKLS Libraries
- Tech Plan Training Slideshow
- Tech Plan Checklist
- Tech Plan Google Drive Folder
Inventory and Cost Information:
- Updated equipment estimates for most computers and software can be found on the SWKLS Inventory Portal.
- We recommend replacing computers every 3-5 years dependent upon vendor and software support.