Welcome to the third thing in SWKLS Things 2020! This month we’re going to be learning about KnowBe4. KnowBe4 is an online technology training platform that focuses on security and protecting yourself online. The Southwest Kansas Library System purchased it for our libraries at the beginning of 2020. It allows you to take training online and track your progress.
This lesson is worth 2 credit hours. After this lesson you will be able to:
- Log in to KnowBe4.
- Navigate your courses in KnowBe4.
You will have the added bonus of also learning about:
- Protecting Yourself Online
- COVID 19 Best Practices
- Your Role: Internet Security and You
- Social Engineering Red Flags
- Internet Security When You Work From Home
- Password Security
Exercises: (Due May 31 , at 11:59 pm CDT)
Tools you will need:
- A computer with a browser.
- A tablet or other internet enabled device will also work for most of these activities, but a laptop or computer will probably be best.
- An Internet connection.
Activity 1: (15-30 min)
- Email Bernardo (bgamboa @ swkls.org) or Steve (sandrews @ swkls.org) and let them know the following:
- You want to join in on SWKLS Thing 3 with KnowBe4
- A good phone number to reach you if they need to contact you.
- One of the SWKLS Tech Staff will email or call you back with instructions.
Activity 2: (30 – 60 min)
- Use the instructions emailed from the SWKLS staff and create a password for your KnowBe4 account if you haven’t already.
- Go to https://www.knowbe4.com/
- Click on Account Login
- Log in.
- Once you’re logged in, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and click on Launch Tour.
- Click on Show Me Around and get started!
- (you can also skip the tour if you like, but we highly recommend it.)
- You should be enrolled in 7 short courses.
- Complete all 7.
- You don’t have to do them all at once and can even stop in the middle of a course.
- KnowBe4 will save your place so you can pick up where you left off.
Activity 3: (10-15 min)
- Comment below answering the following questions:
- What did you learn?
- What was your favorite thing about this lesson?
- What do you like and not like about KnowBe4?
- Did you like doing learning things in this format?
- Are other topics or courses you’d like to complete in KnowBe4?
- Respond to one other person’s comment.
- Register for SWKLS Things 2020: Thing 3.