Welcome to the eighth thing in 12 Things SWKLS. Since December is a bit of a crazy month, I thought we’d take this time to have a little fun and do a little review. This month you can pick any topic from the past 7 Things and spend more time learning about the topic or reviewing the topic. This is also a great time to catch up on any lessons you may have missed.
Here are some ideas:
- Create a Christmas, Holiday, New Year’s, Valentine’s, Birthday, Anniversary, or Thank You Card in Canva.
- Create a poster or something you haven’t yet created in Canva.
- Create a Google Form for an upcoming event.
- Create a Google Form for ILL Requests.
- Spend more time organizing or cleaning up your email.
- Use one of the eBook platforms available through the State Library that you haven’t used before.
- Go through the OneClickDigital Lesson again.
- Complete an alternate topic.
The activities for this lesson are due December 31 , 2016 at 11:59 pm central time and are worth 2 credit hours. Estimated work time: 1-2 hours
The last 7 Things can be found linked at the bottom of the 12 Things SWKLS page or the SWKLS website right sidebar. If you would rather complete an alternate topic, please go to the alternate topic page and pick one from the list.
If you get stuck and need help, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exercises: (Due December 31, 2016 at 11:59 pm CDT)
Tools you will need:
- A computer or internet enabled device.
- An Internet connection
- An email address
- Your imagination
Activity 1: (10 – 30 min)
- Think about what topic you might want to explore.
- Find a video or tutorial to learn more about your chosen topic.
- For example Google “Design your own Greeting Card in Canva” .
- Or… Google “Canva Tutorials” or “Google Forms”.
- Or… find a training or tutorial on the State Library of Kansas website.
- Need help? Check out the resources at the bottom of the page.
Activity 2: (30 min – 60 min)
- Create something or spend time reviewing your chosen topic.
- Answer the following by posting a comment down below:
- What topic or thing did you choose?
- Why did you choose this thing or topic?
- Share any cool tutorials or videos you found.
- If you created something post the link down below in your comment.
- Any additional thoughts or comments?
- Did you learn anything new?
- Did you enjoy having more time to spend on this topic?
- Respond to at least one comment down below.