Welcome to the third thing in 12 Things SWKLS. This month we will be learning about VERSO Patron Accounts.
The activities for this lesson are due July 31, 2016 at 11:59 pm central time and are worth 2 credit hours. Estimated work time: 1-2 hours.
If you would rather complete an alternate topic, please go to the alternate topic page and pick one from the list.
Showing your patrons how to use your library catalog can:
- Open your collections to discovery by your community
- Allow patrons to see when their items are due
- Allow patrons to renew items
- Allow patrons to place holds
- Allow patrons to create reading lists
- Allow patrons to set up alerts when favorite new items are added to your collection
- Allow patrons to search your shelves anytime from anywhere they have Internet access.
Exercises: (Due July 31, 2016 at 11:59 pm CDT)
Tools you will need:
- A VERSO patron account
- A computer or Internet enabled device
- An Internet connection
- Check your webpage to be sure all VERSO links are up to date – hover over your catalog links, if the URL in the lower left panel don’t end in the word force then you need to update the link
- Read Catalog Help
- Log into VERSO with your patron account
- Practice Basic Searching on the Library Catalog
- Practice Checking Your Library Card Account
- Review Renew Checked Out Items and try if you have items out
- Set up an Active Alert
- Practice Creating and Managing Lists
- Show at least one patron how to use the catalog
- Post a comment down below with the following:
- Your Name
- One thing you learned in this lesson
- Fill out this form for verification
- Create your own Catalog Help page for your webpage
- Log into a patron account on a tablet or smartphone
* A special thanks to Doreen Wright, Liberal Memorial Library, for sharing her resources.