Welcome to the twelfth thing in 12 Things SWKLS 2018. This month we’re going to be learning about graphic design tools other than Canva. While most of us love Canva, it’s not for everyone and sometimes you just want to try something else. These tools can be used to create Facebook posts, Facebook headers, Instagram posts, website images, and more!
The activities for this lesson are due December 31 at 11:59 pm central time and are worth 2 credit hours. Estimated work time: 1-2 hours.
If you would rather complete an alternate topic, please go to the alternate topic page and pick one from the list. You are also welcome to choose past topics or topics from the first round of Things.
If you get stuck and need help, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exercises: (Due December 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm CDT)
Tools you will need:
- A computer with a browser.
- A tablet or other internet enabled device will also work for most of these activities.
- An email address.
- An Internet connection.
Activity 1: (10-15 min)
- Read at least two of the articles below:
Activity 2: (15 – 60 min)
- Choose one of the tools mentioned in these articles to try out. I would recommend Adobe Spark Post, Over, Crello, or Desygner.
- If you’re new to Canva or haven’t tried out the app, you’re welcome to use Canva instead.
- All of the tools above, should have an app available for your device. Install the app for your chosen platform on a mobile device or tablet. All of the If you don’t have a mobile device, you’re more than welcome to use the website instead.
- Have fun and create some graphics!
- Share at least one of your creations by posting it on Facebook, another social media platform, or sending it to a friend.
Activity 3: (10-15 min)
- Post a comment below letting us know the following:
- What tool you used
- What you created
- What you learned
- What you liked about this new tool
- What you didn’t like about it
- How do you think it compares to Canva?
- Are there other similar tools you love? Share them below!
- Reply to at least one other comment below.
- Register for Thing 12.