Welcome to the third thing in 12 Things SWKLS 2018. This month’s topic will be Talking Books.
Kansas Talking Books provides personalized library support and materials in a specialized format to eligible Kansas residents to ensure that all may read. This no-cost library service features:
- Audiobooks, magazines and audio equipment mailed directly to your a user’s house and returned postage free.
- Special equipment lent to at no charge.
- A collection that includes romance, mysteries, bestsellers, science fiction, westerns, biographies, fiction, children’s books, young adult books and more.
- Users can find their next good read and get library help by calling 800-362-0699, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Downloadable books from the Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD) website or by using the new BARD app.
The activities for this lesson are due March 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm central time and are worth 2 credit hours. Estimated work time: 1-2 hours.
If you would rather complete an alternate topic, please go to the alternate topic page and pick one from the list. You are also welcome to choose past topics.
If you get stuck and need help, please don’t hesitate to ask.
What you’ll able to do after this session:
- Feel more comfortable promoting Talking Books to your library users.
- Locate Talking Books information on the State Library Website.
- Help identify library users who may benefit and qualify for this service.
- Help library users sign-up for this service.
Exercises: (Due March 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST)
Tools you will need:
- A computer or internet enabled device (the webinar can also be played on a tablet, phone, or iPad)
- An Internet connection
- A printer
Activity 1: (40 min)
- Watch The Librarian’s Guide to Talking Books webinar from March 6, 2018.
- Watch the video below:
Activity 2: (10 – 15 min)
- Go to the State Library of Kansas website and find the Talking Books page (look for the Talking Books icon).
- Print off the application.
- Share information about Talking Books with at least one library user or other staff member.
Activity 3: (5 – 10 min)
- Take this quick quiz about the Talking Books service.
Activity 4: (15 – 30 min)
- Note: The SWKLS office is a partner with Kansas Talking Books and helps spread the word about Kansas Talking Books through health fairs and other events. If you ever have questions or have a facility or library user in town that has questions, please don’t hesitate to have them call us. Your library’s main function is to know what the service is, help identify library users that may benefit from the service, and have the paperwork available for library users. Please let us know if you ever have questions.
- The SWKLS Office will be happy to send in your applications as well.
- Post the following below:
- At least two things you learned this lesson.
- Reply to one other person’s comment.