Welcome to the sixth thing in 12 Things SWKLS 2019. As some of you may have heard, October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM). This month we’re going to be learning about Cybersecurity and how to protect your data and your library’s data online. This is important on a personal level, but also on a professional level. As a library, you also have patron’s data and privacy to protect as well. This activity is a bonus activity for Thing 6.
- Identify ways to protect yourself online
- Distinguish between regular emails and phishing emails
Activity 1: (30 min)
- Watch the Phishing 101 Webinar below:
Activity 2: (15 – 30 min)
- Read the What is Phishing? page on www.phishing.org
- Download and print the Phishing Decision Infographic (pdf)
- Take the Google Phishing Quiz.
Activity 3: (10-15 min)
- Post a comment below answering the following:
- What did you learn?
- Do you feel like you can better identify phishing attempts?
- How do you see this helping you, your coworkers, and your patrons in the future?
- Reply to at least one other person’s comment below.
- Register for 12/2 Thing 6 Bonus!