Welcome to the fourth thing in 12 Things SWKLS 2019. This month we’re going to be learning about basic picture editing. This may be a review for some of you, but you should still learn something from this month’s topic.
In this lesson you will learn:
- Image editing basics
- How to make basic adjustments to your images to improve quality
- How to fix common image editing issues
- Tips on sharing photos online
- Tips on printing pictures
The activities for this lesson are due August 31 at 11:59 pm central time and are worth 2 credit hours. Estimated work time: 1-2 hours.
If you would rather complete an alternate topic, please go to the alternate topic page and pick one from the list. You are also welcome to choose past topics or topics from the first rounds of Things.
If you get stuck and need help, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Exercises: (Due August 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm CDT)
- A computer with a browser.
- A tablet or other internet enabled device will also work for most of these activities.
- An Internet connection.
- Images or photos to edit (optional)
Activity 1: Complete the Image Editing 101 Tutorial from GCFLearnfree.org
- GCFLearnfree.org has a great tutorial on image editing.
- There are 7 parts to the lesson and a Quiz.
- Click the continue button at the bottom of each page to continue each lesson.
- The lesson will have you use a free online image editor. You’re welcome to use your favorite image editor or the one suggested in the lesson.
- Finish all of the lessons and complete the quiz.
- Go to Image Editing 101 to get started.
Activity 2: Wrap-up
- Post a comment below answering the following:
- What did you learn?
- What did you like and not like about the Pixklr x online photo editor?
- Is there another photo editor you prefer?
- Note: One of our free favorites in the office is Paint.net. It’s free, but is not browser based and will need to be installed.
- How do you see this helping you in the future?
- Reply to at least one other person’s comment below.
- Register for 12/2 Thing 4.
Note: If you want to learn more, try out these lessons from DCFLearnfree.org.